The five steps to replacing a lawn sprinkler
How to fix broken lawn sprinklers?
Repairing or replacing lawn sprinklers is a frequently asked question. So how do you repair or replace a lawn sprinkler?
1 sharp edge spade, 1 garden trowel, 1 sprinkler riser extractor.
Materials Required (for each sprinkler replacement)
1 Toro or Rain Bird lawn sprinkler body, 1 Toro or Rainbird lawn jet, 1 Toro or Rainbird lawn sprinkler filter, 1 poly Stubby riser 1 roll of thread tape.
How To Remove Lawn Sprinklers
- Using the sharp edge spade remove a 300mm x 300mm x 300mm section of lawn around the sprinklers to be replaced
- Unscrew the entire sprinkler by turning anti-clockwise
- Use the sprinkler riser extractor to remove the riser form the PVC pipe threaded socket.
How To Install Lawn Sprinklers
- Apply two layers of thread tape to either end of the stubby riser.
- Screw-in the stubby riser to the PVC pipe threaded socket
- Screw on sprinkler body to the stubby riser.
- Turn the system on and flush out for 30 Seconds
- Lift up sprinkler by the red flush top, unscrew thecred flush top and screw on the new lawn jet
- Re-test sprinkler and make any angle adjustments by turning the sprinkler to meet desired areas to be watered.
- Re-enstate the turf section and water in well.